News:

Welcome to Yggdrasil forum! It is maintained and administrated by Revertron, you can ask me questions in Telegram, Matrix and Fediverse.
This forum is created to provide a platform where your questions and their answers will not get lost like in all messengers, but to be available for all users for years.

Main Menu

Welcome to Yggdrasil Community!

Started by Forum, October 07, 2021, 01:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum

Welcome to Yggdrasil forum! It is maintained and administrated by Revertron, you can ask me questions in Telegram, Matrix and Fediverse.
This forum is created to provide a platform where your questions and their answers will not get lost like in all messengers, but to be available for all users for years.

Thanks!
Revertron

Joey

Yeah, so all internal links on here use forum.ygg. How do you expect users to be able to access these links?
Alfis? Why? Why Alfis? There's no mention of Alfis on the yggdrasil homepage, so any new user will be confused by that.

Revertron

Quote from: Joey on November 23, 2021, 08:29:49 PM
Why Alfis?
Because, it is the most proficient independent DNS for Yggdrasil. And I'm it's developer.

nether

Yeah, so all internal links on here use forum.ygg. How do you expect users to be able to access these links?
Alfis? Why? Why Alfis? There's no mention of Alfis on the yggdrasil homepage, so any new user will be confused by that.
I second this, the internal links on here need to be relative. You shouldn't be surprised to find that many users, including Joey and myself do not use Alfis and do not plan to.

Revertron

Quote from: nether on November 24, 2021, 08:41:01 PM
I second this, the internal links on here need to be relative. You shouldn't be surprised to find that many users, including Joey and myself do not use Alfis and do not plan to.
How did you find this forum then?

Joey

It's listed on http://[21e:a51c:885b:7db0:166e:927:98cd:d186]/
I can access this specific url because I edited my hosts file.
If you want people to use the memory guzzling, gui dependent thing you've made, at least have it mentioned here:
https://yggdrasil-network.github.io/

cofob

You can visit the site without yggdrasil and special DNS at https://forum.ygg.cofob.ru.  There is a mirror of this site with a sub_filter that replaces all links.

Revertron

Quote from: Joey on November 25, 2021, 05:14:12 AM
the memory guzzling, gui dependent thing
See attachments how much memory uses GUI version and the version without GUI on a server.

newuser

I can't get ALFIS to work on windows. In the alfis.toml file, I've set it to listen to 127.0.0.1:53, and I've set the alternative resolver to 127.0.0.1 in window's setting. ygg addresses do not work.

Revertron

Quote from: newuser on March 21, 2022, 03:52:04 AMalternative resolver
You need to use ALFIS as the only one resolver. Windows just asks all domains from primary resolver.