News:

Welcome to Yggdrasil forum! It is maintained and administrated by Revertron, you can ask me questions in Telegram, Matrix and Fediverse.
This forum is created to provide a platform where your questions and their answers will not get lost like in all messengers, but to be available for all users for years.

Main Menu

Not a target of Yggdrasil. Use I2P instead.

Started by cofob, January 29, 2022, 12:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cofob

salvare

Is there a successful experience in determining the user's real IP address by his Yggdrasil IPv6 address?

Revertron

Quote from: salvare on February 02, 2022, 03:11:18 PM
Is there a successful experience in determining the user's real IP address by his Yggdrasil IPv6 address?
Only if that peer is your nearest peer.

salvare

Quote from: Revertron on February 02, 2022, 07:23:34 PM
Only if that peer is your nearest peer.

In other words, if a person does not know which public peer I am connected to, he will not be able to find out my real IP address. Is this possible only for the one to whom I am directly connected, i.e., the one whom I wrote in public peers on my own?

Well, it provides acceptable anonymity, actually.

And for someone I have wrote in public peers, is it difficult to determine my Yggdrasil IPv6 address if I am connected to several peers?
If yes, then it turns out that even for someone to whom I am directly connected, it will be very difficult to determine my real IP address, having only my Yggdrasil IPv6...

Actually this is a very good anonymity ) even though this is not the purpose of Yggdrasil )

salvare

Quote from: salvare on February 02, 2022, 09:36:21 PM
And for someone I have wrote in public peers, is it difficult to determine my Yggdrasil IPv6 address if I am connected to several peers?

I found the answer to my question myself: those to whom I am connected can easily see my Yggdrasil IPv6 address using yggdrasilctl getPeers.

Well, it turns out, those nodes to which I am connected can reveal my real IP address...

Anonymity is not the goal of Yggdrasil  :)