News:

Welcome to Yggdrasil forum! It is maintained and administrated by Revertron, you can ask me questions in Telegram, Matrix and Fediverse.
This forum is created to provide a platform where your questions and their answers will not get lost like in all messengers, but to be available for all users for years.

Main Menu

What would in-network email look like?

Started by ellenor2000, September 25, 2022, 11:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellenor2000

given that Yggdrasil is just an IP network, I can't see a reason that in-Yggdrasil email would be a particularly complicated affair - though it may have to be on a separate domain (and that possibly in a separate domain-name system, which I'm aware the augúst administrator of this site has involvement in), to avoid conflicts with outernet senders who don't know about Yggdrasil.
Ms Ellenor Agnes (et al) Bjornsdottir
sysadmin Umbrellix
The internet broke me. I'm now forking qmail.

Revertron

Yep, you are right.
We just can forget about STARTTLS for SMTP (Yggdrasil has an encryption level) so we can forget about certificates from CAs. Then, we can use ALFIS domains or even OpenNIC and such for domains.

sdgathman

See https://fedoramagazine.org/decentralize-common-fedora-apps-cjdns/ for examples with linphone and opensmtpd.  It uses Cjdns - but yggdrasil works the same.